Hello hello familia
Been a good week. Things get a little better out here every day. Crazy to hit a year, but kinda not that crazy. Hasn't gone especially fast or slow, it's just been the passing of time for me. Feels about right. The area grows on me each day. When I first got here I really didn't like it that much and was pretty confused about a bunch of stuff. But I think I'm figuring a lot of things out now. My companion's doing pretty well too. I've seen him grow a lot even in just 2 weeks. At least I feel like it, but I have no idea what he was like before I got here. He does have a lot to figure out. Like big time. Its really tough cause I don't really know where to start. But we're getting along mostly good enough.
I've had a couple awesome teaching experiences this week. A couple "ah ha" moments for me while I was teaching. One of those things where you finally understand something yourself as you try to vocalize it to someone else. It was about the Atonment and how we couldn't atone for ourselves or anyone else. It had to be Christ because he was perfect and all that. I knew that much, and I could tell people that, but it came to me and one reason for it is that we would not be worthy sacrifices. It had to be perfect. We're all flawed, so we couldn't do. It's pretty simple and obvious, but it was a nice little realization for me.
The Plan of Salvation seems to be a theme in the past few weeks for me. I've been studying it for different reasons, making lesson plans with it, many different things, and its just been great. As I come to understand it better, I enjoy teaching it more and I feel it more. It makes more and more sense. It motivates me. A knowledge of our purpose, an understanding of the plan and why different things are necessary and important and all that...it's sweet. The gospel is amazing. Its crazy. It's infinite, isn't it? It just keeps growing and growing. It's so personal that we could spend eternity learning and learning and getting better and better. So many good things! Ah man, it's so cool!
Had cool experience tracting the other day, It was beautiful so we were lucky, but NO body was giving us the time of day. Rejection. Love it! We were hopping back in the car and this lady pulled up in her car and said "I'm sorry for being so ubrupt. Would you like to talk to me?" "Yes! When?" "Now." "We'll be right over!" It was sweet. She wasn't very nice when we knocked on her door, but I guess she had a change of heart over the next half hour. Anyway, I guess her sister is a Mormon, and we talked to her for a few minutes till we had to leave, but are going to see her again tomorrow. It's interesting the ideas people come up with in life. I can't blame them too much. If all you can do is think about what's right or why we're here or whatever, you could come up with some wild and interesting stuff. This lady's thing was that there's no religion. Or that there shouldn't be or something. I can see where she's coming from. "Religion" is a strange thing. Causes all kinds of problems and really doesn't make a whole lot of sense the way we're kind of inclined to see it these days. It's like, Religion - Why? Everyone disagrees, and its just something to make you feel better about life or whatever. That's probably how I'd see it if I didn't know better. It's real sad because it all makes too much sense if you study it out, the pattern of prohpets and apostasy and all. Surely there is a God. Ah, I could go on forever, I just hate seeing so many people get turned off to something so important due to all the confusion and conflict out there today and come up with all these silly philosophies that help them sleep at night. That's just like having your own personal "Religion" where you make the rules. There's truth if people really want it. God's got a plan. We're all gonna hear it sooner or later. Ha, I really could probably ramble on forever.
We've got some awesome people here to teach. Some of course are like a hundred times better than others, but some are a joy to teach and get to know. People. It's so crazy what people get themselves into with their choices. It's crazy how much some people just get it, and some people just blow it. I feel terrible for folks and the circumstances they come from or are put in or whatever. Some poeple are amazing for dealing with some of these things. This place is way different than Hartford. I wonder how long I'll be here. I kinda feel like it'll be awhile.
Well, I can't think of anything else in particular right now although I'm sure there's many things that might be fun to share. I'm sorry I don't take so much of an interest in all of you right now. I would love to write every one of you a letter every week but I can barely find time to write one or two letters a week on pday. Of course I love you all so much and feel so privileged that we are a family. I admire each one of you so much! For so many things! Have a wonderful week!
David



