Monday, March 1, 2010

Morning has broken

Heeeyyyyyyy.

Been a wild week. Well, not that wild I suppose. Favorite thing about this week was that I got a letter from Natasha! It'd been a couple weeks since I left Hartford so I thought I'd write her a letter. Give her some encouragement and support and just say hey. She's having some tough times, got some problems she's dealing with, but in a nutshell, I felt wonderful because I guess my letter to her was an answer to her prayers! She said she hadn't been feeling the spirit lately because she's super A.D.D. and can't concentrate for 5 minutes to read the scriptures and all. There's more to it than that, but my letter made her REAL happy and she said it relit the fire under her butt. So I was way excited for that! I miss her, she's awesome, I feel very blessed to know her and have seen all she went through and continues to go through. She has a tough time acting on things when she needs to, but she has amazing desires and I think in time that will pay off and she will come around more fully. She wants to do what's right and I love her for that. So that was a highlight of the week.

Another cool thing was that this teenager kid we're teaching, his girlfriend is a recent convert, he's felt the spirit around the missionaries so he wants to get baptized but doesn't really understand stuff yet. So we're working with him. Well his home life ain't that great, his Mom's got 8 kids, all from different fathers. That seems to be a little too common around here unfortunately. Anyway, we've been teaching him and we taught him how to pray recently, and one night he prayed that his family would be happier. I guess his mom isn't ever very nice to him, sadly. Well the next day, his mom was real real nice to him! Which I guess is a big deal for this kid. So his prayer was answered! It was awesome, the next time we saw him he was all excited and was like, oh guess what?! Ya all know I believe in God now? We were like, oh yea?! What happened? And he told us and it was awesome! I love seeing people have their very first experiences with the Lord and the gospel and all. Last week I heard this little kid, maybe 7, say his first prayer at this family's house that we're teaching. It was sweet! It was a really good prayer! I love it! I remember this amazing girl in Hartford named Brooke that I just loved so much, but she kinda fell through the cracks cause her Mom wouldn't let us meet with her. But Elder Pikyavit and I heard her say her first prayer ever on her porch with us on a freezing cold snowy night. Maybe you recall that story. I love these things. The things I get to see of people.

We're also teaching this guy Rob, who has made a big, big turn around in his life. He goes to narcotics anonymous all the time and is seriously changing his life. It is amazing. I swear you can see a drastic change in this guy every week. Or quicker! Really, his countenance. He has the most amazing attitude. He still needs a fair amount of work, but his desires are strong and I know he will come around in time. So many awesome people. But there's a bunch of crazy people too. Ha. Separate the wheats from the tares or something. I hate seeing people blow their chances though. Seeing people feel the spirit and turn from it. Hm. But the good folks make it worth it. Many things make it worth it.

We got some snow here this week and it made the forest look extremely beautiful, the trees all having a bit of snow on them. Everything is just so peaceful and lovely with the snow. A quiet falling snow. I love it! White. Perfect. Clean. It's great. We got a fair amount, nothing too insane. Waterbury's got lots of hills and stuff so I see lots of things that could be done on a snowboard and sometimes it makes me really want to do them. But I've been pleasantly surprised how much I haven't wanted to. At least not REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to. The Lord has definitely blessed me with the ability to put many of these things off and out of mind for the time.

It's interesting how different all the places I've been in Connecticut are. They're really quite close, but they are all so different. Its hard to explain. Like different subcultures in different towns or something.

Love you lots.

David