Monday, February 1, 2010

blank

I gotta tell ya all, I'm kinda blanking out and don't know what of much to say. I heard tomorrow is groundhog day and I'm kinda thinking it might actually be nice to have only 6 more weeks of winter. First time in my life! Ya this is the last week of this tranfser. I gotta tell ya I'm really hoping for a change. Been four transfers here, nearly 6 months, and I feel like I have been with Elder Pikyavit a reaaaaallly long time. Not because I can't stand the kid or anything, we've just gotten to know each other pretty well. He's a lot more open with me than any of my past companions, so I'm a lot more open with him. He's an interesting kid and we've both had a lot of growth and great experiences while serving together. A couple weeks ago I was reflecting on how I haven’t ever really had any experiences that really really really killed me. Some Elders talk about past areas saying “that was my gethsemane.” Ya know? I don’t feel like I’ve had anything like that, so I’m afraid something tough might be in store. Maybe I’m just better at coping with challenges, who knows.

Lets see… we gave this presentation in church yesterday for this special thing in March that our ward is going to do. We spent a fair amount of time planning and practicing and preparing and such. We did a lot of it with our Ward Mission Leader, who is this young guy who is way good. Friday night we were putting the finishing touches on our presentation and handouts and stuff, and it was fun for me. Being around a table discussing what needs to happen and how we're going to do that and what needs to be addressed and what details to include and all that kinda stuff.

I’ve been reading the New Testament and am having all these interesting and strange thoughts about Jesus Christ and what kinda person he was. His personality and all. I know the Bible's been changed around a bunch and one can’t always understand what was going on just by reading it, but I get a little confused sometimes about why Christ says and does different things. I know he was on His own journey through life as well, experiencing mortality, and I mostly just have to have faith that there was a rhyme and reason to it all and know that He is my Savior and He did what He did regardless of what kinda guy He was. But somethings do make me think. Most things make me think actually.

Have a great week everyone, I know I’m forgetting something that I wanted to tell you about that I’m going to think of in about 10 minutes. Being a missionary is the best thing a person could do in the whole wide world! What an insane blessing! Natasha is doing great, I’m so proud of her and what she’s become and continues to become. Gospel’s true baby! Its real! It works! I love it! I’m going to miss her. Hope ya all get to meet her someday cause she’e a lot of fun. I was thinking last night about the ward here in Hartford. I love this ward! I don’t know if I’m quite saying that I love the people here in Hartford, but I do love this ward and the people in it. We have tried very hard to serve them and we have seen some excellent things happen and some wonderful progress. Some fantastic people here that I’ve learned a lot from. Blessings!

Love ya all! Everyday.
David