Ah man everyone, the last few days have been wonderful. Saturday night the Hartford North (West, Central, everywhere but South) Elders had a baptism. This girl who just turned 18. Her family wasn’t really in love with the idea, but she did it. She was a member referral, her close friend is a member. Most legit baptisms come from member referrals. Let it be known.
Well, this baptism was sooooo sweet. Natasha’s was awesome, but Natasha is a wild girl and this baptism was a little more spiritual. Seriously, it was such a blessing to be able to attend. I don’t even know where to start, I’ve somehow found the time to write like 10 pages in my journal from the past few days. When someone joins the church, it is truly a miracle. In today's world, with all the things people have to say about everything and all skepticism and doubt and philosophy, it is a miracle. It’s the most beautiful thing ever. I remember looking at this girl, her name is Katie, after her baptism thinking she is absolutely beautiful. Ha – I know that sounds real bad coming from a missionary, but at that moment, she was a perfect, pure daughter of God. Beautiful. She’d made the most wonderful choice and it made me so happy to see. Not to mention the spirit there was blowing my mind to pieces! It was SO strong. The Gospel is true! I don’t cry really for just about anything these days, except when God tells me to go on a mission, and the spirit doesn’t make me emotional that way, but man, I had to lead the music, and for the closing song, How Great Thou Art (just reading and pondering the words to that song will bring the spirit), I couldn’t sing part of it I was just so overwhelmed. I had the hugest smile on my face. It’s the BEST!! Such a gift to see these kinds of things.
So besides that, the Lord has blessed me with an insane amount of wonderful things in these past few days. My heart and mind has been opened to revelation from the scriptures, he’s lead me to several small personal opportunities (God’s tender mercies), and I’ve been able to be an instrument in His hands. I’ve been able to help my companion, I’ve been inspired in the moment, its just been so great! These times make it all worth it. But change is surely on the horizon here in about 2 weeks…
Hmmm, well I could write all day but I’m just gonna leave it at that I think. Snow at home, that’s great! Its 50 degrees out there today! Crazy huh. Global Warming!! Aaahhh!!! OH – today we took a tour of ESPN! Like, ESPN! It was way cool, I’ll try and get some pictures out to ya all sometimes soon. It was strange to kinda be brought back into the real working world, especially since I was getting so close to being in that kind of situation before I came on a mission. Life’s gonna be crazy! We saw a couple famous people there. TV people. I didn’t recognize any of em cause I’m not a big ESPN kinda guy, but it was a cool thing to be able to go check out for sure! One of those things I guess you gotta do as a missionary out here.
I gotta send this before I get kicked off. Love you all so much.
David



