Good day all ya alls. Missed ya yesterday cause of the holiday. Sounds like things are generally good. Home needs snow though? That’s tough. Ha, but its nice to not really care about it for the first time in my life! I love snowboarding and snow, but it is kinda nice to move on a bit from that whole lifestyle and frame of mind. Oh Dad – won’t be till the beginning of february that I’ll have a chance of being transferred, so another 2 ½ weeks or so. I’ve been here 4 transfers now, so I’m probably due for a change, unless I’m still needed. I’ll have had only 2 areas in my first year just about, which is kinda interesting. I hit eleven months yesterday! Crazy huh. Nearly half way through all this. This time approaching my year mark has been slloooooowwwww. Ha ha its funny that way. But I’m generally feeling good about who I am and who I’ve become and the progress I’ve made in my time this far, so that’s a good feeling. I looked over some goals from the MTC this morning. Our teacher had us write down a few things we wanted to accomplish or become or whatever by the end of our missions. Two of them I’ve been very blessed to have done quite well with, in my eyes. The Lord truly is blessing me and helping me to become who I want to be in life. He really is. The one I still need to work on is Love. Coming to love everyone I see. Love them as children of God. See them as he sees, each of us with such great potential. It’s a really hard thing to do around here seeing so many people making such horrible life choices. Makes me loose faith sometimes. But I do want to be able to love people. Get rid of the awful feelings I sometimes have for people I see, even people I interact with. Love is a tough one. I’ve been told by people, by companions that I show a great love for the people. Its interesting how that is sometimes. But I know how I am and I know I really need work on this attribute. Its good to have milestones like this to kinda check your progress on things. It also can be scary! One year! I’ll be on the down hill! Am I doing what I need to be doing? Am I where I need to be at this point? Am I leaving anything on the table? I really hope not. I absolutely hate to think that I have wasted this experience in any way at all.
Well like every other week, this week was up and down. We had interviews with President Pehrson. It was a good interview. I’ve really been able to help my companion become better. Chris told me once that I can’t force anyone to obey the rules. So I’ve never gotten after anyone for not doing what I believe they should be. We all have our different situations. I’d just be a hypocrite in most situations anyway. But I think by the power of example I’ve really been able to help my companion. I was thinking back on Sunday as a question was posed in church, how so many of the qualities and characteristics that I have that I find to be desirable, I’ve attained by others examples. I’ve been able to say, hey, I like how this friend does this or that, or he’s always very whatever it is. I’ve picked up many things from many people along the road of life. And perhaps I’ve now been able to pass it on to someone else. Its nice. Helps me to know its not me at all. It’s the Lord. I didn’t come up with some kind of plan to get my companion to try harder or be more obedient. I just tried my best not to back down from what I knew I needed to do, and tried to be accomadating of him along the way. And over the past two months, both of us have seen some very positive changes. Its wonderful! Amazing how the Lord can just shape and mold us over time. Things really do come line upon line. One step at a time. Guess patience is really really important!
Alright everyone, hope all is well. Mom I have heard Austin is a really really awesome city. From lots of different people. Hope ya have a top notch time! Sounds like it. Ralph you make it back from cocaine land? Laura I sent you a letter last week so keep your eyes open! Dad, pray for snow I guess! Love you all so much so much! How are we all so lucky?! Love you.
Elder D



