Monday, November 16, 2009

lo

Alright, so first of all, last Monday, after emailing obviously, you will never believe what we did. One of the other Elders serving in Hartford right now is from Ririe, Idaho. A whole bunch of Elders and Sisters got together to watch some movies for Pday and we watched… The Man From Snowy River!! HA ha, YES! It was so sweet. Took me back. I loved it. That soundtrack is great. I guess we might be able to watch the second one today. So sweet. I wish I knew horses.

Yea, so that was great. This weeks been a rollercoaster week. I finished the Book of Mormon and one of the things that really kept standing out to me is how quickly the people forget! It bums me out! I’d almost be saying to myself come on, come on, don’t start being prideful again, stay righteous and keep the commandments… like it might change the outcome somehow. But the people forget. That said, last week I had this great little revelation about forgetting myself. Forget yourself and go to work they say. Well I finally started to figure that out and it was great! But after only one week, I FORGOT! Ha ha it was ridiculous. The devil is a sly, tricky trickster and always seems to find ways to get me to lose focus. To forget the “signs and wonders” I have seen and experienced. I was being way selfish and worrying so much about myself in a way I didn’t even realize. But I could feel that something was off. I didn’t have the spirit with me as readily. I was carrying a burden and I didn’t know what it was. Fortunately I figured it out, repented, and am trying to get past that. It’s just so insane sometimes how fast we forget. Whatever it might be that we forget. Unfortunate many times.

Well, Dad, there is a rip in my sheets. I probably need to get some new ones or try and sew it up. I think its because my toenails must be sharp. But they don’t seem extremely sharp or anything. But it keeps getting bigger and bigger. I’ve been eating a lot of pears. Pears are so extremely delicious. And I’m sick right now which totally is not awesome, so I’ve been drinking TONS of water … No fun. I’m accumulating a lot of ties too. I never thought I’d get into ties, but it seems its just something that happens as a missionary. Sometimes I just wear the same one several days in a row to get away from it. Having so many ties. Seems silly but it happens. What else… mundane stuff…

Oh something slightly more important and significant is that it is transfers! I’m staying put though. But I am getting a new companion! I thought I might have the chance to train one of the new Elders, but maybe another day. There haven’t been many leadership opportunities since I’ve arrived. Prior to this transfer there have only been 3 Elders come out since I did! Our mission is decreasing pretty dramatically in size. Works not going forward here as fast as in other places, so they gotta allocate their resources appropriately ya know. We got 2 English and 2 Spanish elders this time. Maybe next time I’ll train someone. I think it would be a fantastic experience. We’ll see. But even if I don’t, I think I’m doing alright.

I ended up writing Ralph a slightly longer email today, so I’ll leave it at that. Love you all so much. Thanks for everything.

david