Monday, November 2, 2009

fast today

Hey so I wrote Laura a big long email today so this one will be short. Zone conference was this week and it was absolutely wonderful as usual. I learned a lot of things. I had a lot of little personal revelations there and in the time shortly after while thinking about it all. Lots of little reminders. God's tender mercies. What a guy.

I was reminded that it is important for me to be precise in my work. To do things with exactness. Oh yea, I was also going to mention that the gospel is in everything. All over the place in every part of our lives we can find the gospel. Ways we can be better, things we can learn. I say that because what i just said about exactness I learned while filling out envelopes while volunteering at the Hartford hospital. I won't get into the details, but yes, the gospel just seems to be everywhere. I love it!

I was reminded how quickly we (people in general) often forget. Obviously we see it in the Book of Mormon like crazy. We forget the things we have learned. We forget the experiences we have had, the feelings we've felt. I see it happen to me and its frustrating. Gotta stay on track somehow. Fortunately the Book of Mormon teaches us many many ways to do that too.

Gosh, it has been a week packed with experiences both temporal and spiritual. So many thoughts have passed through my head. I wish I could even record them all for myself. Its been a strange week, but a good one. I've been spiritually fed, and I've been humbled. I've learned and rejoiced, and I've sorrowed. Ha, kinda like most weeks, but this one, it feels like so much happened. It feels like a packed 3 weeks into one. Feels like so much happened. I love to think. I wish I had more time as a missionary to sit and ponder. Just sit and space out a little.

We had this crazy coincidence the other day. No, it was way beyond coincidence. Seriously. The Lord was with us on this one. He inspired us to go places. We found ourselves in the right place at the right time on several occasions that ended up coming together in such an interesting way. It was pretty cool. I wish I could tell you details.

Fall is passing, the leaves seem to have peaked and are falling the the ground and making lakes and oceans of leaves on the ground, and mountains on the side of the road, where people rake them to around here. You gotta rake like 3 times. Weather is a little more consistent. Well, not really actually.

I could say a millions things but I can't today. Hope all is well. The Church is true! Dad I'm eating food for breakfast lunch and dinner and I wear shoes on my feet when I walk and use soap in the shower and pens for writing. My desk is white, the apartment has hardwood floors, you could break in pretty easy if you tried, and I like the natural light it provides. Life is good.

Love you all love you all love you all!

Elder DK