Monday, May 4, 2009

Tis May

SO - spring is finally here!! It has been a little while now, I just keep forgetting to talk about it. There is much green! It is amazing! It’s not even in full force yet but the beauty of the earth has brightened my days so much! Ah, I love it. Trees, forests, and the rain, when it comes, which is so much more often than at home, makes all the colors stand out SO much more. I love it! The rain is great when it’s just a light drizzle. You can still walk around in it and its fine and everything looks amazing. Oh, and New England Thunder storms are amazing!

This past week has been really good. Taught some great lessons, met some good people, and then - we had a mission conference. Like the whole mission got together so I got to see my MTC friends. Awesome. It was probably the most spiritual and motivating and uplifting meeting I have ever attended in my life! It was incredible. Steven B. Allen, who is the head of the missionary department or program - whatever it would be called - was there. Between him and President Pehrson and this other guy that came, it was mindblowing. We learned a lot about our purpose as missionaries and setting goals and stuff like that. I could never explain it all or get the idea or feeling across to you, but it was such a fantastic experience that will surely change my mission. I'm so grateful to have had it at this point in my mission. It was such a blessing. Such an amazing day. Probably the biggest spiritual high I've ever been on. Our president is amazing. We are so lucky to have him here. Our mission is so lucky for so many reasons. There's gonna be some leaders coming out of it the years to come (probably far down the road of course, but I think we really do have some amazing people here).

I can't think of anything else right now! This is such a wild thing to be doing this! Once in a great while I have a minute to get lost in thought and I'll drift off and be thinking about something from the past and then I'll come to and be like whoa...I'm on a mission! And it’s almost a surprise if I was thinking about the right thing. To consider how I've always been and done and now, I'm a missionary. That is crazy! It’s great, but it’s crazy! David Kunz is a on a mission. So wierd. What an insane amazing opportunity though. A blessing for sure. I am learning and seeing so much, even apart from the religious side of it all. An experience one cannot get from anything else anywhere.

I think that’s all I got. Still getting by, loving the spring season, loving and hating the changes, people are difficult, some are wonderful, etc. etc.

Talk to you on Sunday!!!! Awesome!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

David