Hello hello
Well lets see...I think it was a pretty good week, we had Zone Conference which was totally amazing and I love it. President Pehrson is such a good guy. He really cares about this work and all of us and has a gift for bringing the spirit. I love the guy! Its weird though cause I still feel like my relationship with him is nearly non-existant, but I still love him. Like I love Thomas S. Monson and all those guys. We had stake conference yesterday, it was a broadcast to most of the east coast. It was great! Henry B. Eyring was the concluding speaker. That guy is amazing too. I love him too. All those apostle fellas. Top notch.
I'm starting to look for miracles everyday. I started on Saturday. Today is Monday and I haven't found one yet, but the last two days I have seen them! Its great! Its a long long story, but late Saturday night we got an investigator to come to church after she told us she wasn't coming earlier that day. Again - long story, but I'm telling you, it was a miracle. Maybe not New Testament style, but it was a miracle. Then we had to coordinate transportation and all that for her because she can't drive. We got real lucky. Thanks God. Then at Church (stake conference) she really felt the spirit during one of the talks and believes that Joseph smith is a prophet! I wish I could give you all the details and background, but I'm telling you - MIRACLES! So now I'm gonna find one today and its gonna be sweet!
Yesterday was a wonderful day. Many great things. Two awesome lessons, one awesome lunch (that I made), awesome stake conference, awesome ward mission leader (seriously you can't possibly imagine the awesomeness of our ward mission leader), the list goes on. Good day. But Saturday, although it ended well, got off to a very bad start. Mostly just me personally. I'm quite confident it was the lowest point I have had in my mission so far. Several different things. I can barely remember the specifics anymore. I just had to lie down and think. Fortunately it was break and I was able to do that because usually when I feel down I still have to go out and do the missionary thing. I just layed on my bed and pondered and got into some deep thought and reflection. I haven't done that once since I came out. Never any time to just ponder, even though they always tell you to do it! Ponder on the message etc etc. In hindsight it was sooooo nice. To just think. Then I got up and ate some food and felt a lot better and got back to work and all was well. Its so weird. I know I always say its a rollercoaster ride, but dude, it is. I've lately been able to just tell myself when times are tougher to not worry too much because soon enough all will be well again. And it always does, usually in just a couple hours! But Saturday I forgot that.
Anyway, obvioulsy my Sunday was great, and right now its Pday and I'm pretty down (glad) with that. Being on a mission, doing all these missionary things, and really getting your heart into it and trying to do it for the right purposes and all...it can't be explained. Like, I'm sure you guys can kind of imagine some of the stuff I'm doing, but the feelings and desires and all that kind of stuff is just not explainable. Its something that one cannot experience in any way but giving yourself to missionary service. The way we do somethings out here, the things we focus on, and understanding why we focus on them...and many other things...again, I just wish you all could feel the way I do. When I can kinda for a moment grasp what I'm doing. Purpose is a wild thing to think about. Purpose of life, purpose of being a missionary, purpose of doing all the little things we do in life. This is the kind of thing I wish I had time to get lost in thought about. I can't even imagine what I will be like in two years! Hopefully pretty awesome. Hopefully the person I wish I was right now. Thats all up to me though.
See ya all soon! Not that soon though. Love!
David
Oh man holy moly I"ve never been anywhere that the weather fluctuated like it does around here. its nuts.



