More bike! So, if you recall, the one guy in the ward gave me a bike a while back, but it was real small so I was able to conjure up another one from the mission, but it was a piece of junk, but easier to ride than the other, so that’s what I've been riding. Well, yesterday, we were a little ways from home, maybe 3 miles, and...I'm sure you didn't know such a thing existed, but the $150 full suspension bicycle I have...Broke! Ha ha! That is what you get when you buy things from the wall. I mean Walmart. Broken axle on a "full suspension" bike from riding it on streets and sidewalks. So, I was back to the "Trail Iguana" that the first guy gave me, but then today this guy in our ward (we went mountain biking with him for pday which was lots of fun) gave me this awesome purple roadie! He said I could use it till I leave the area if I need. Ha - but running back home for 3 miles was really sweet. Well, not entirely. But I was laughing the whole way because here's this kid running down the side of the highway in a shirt and tie carrying a bag and a helmet. Oh, and running in loafers! That was the best part, except for the lack of support. Anyway, it was a funny experience. In addition to all that, yesterday it reached 90 degrees!!!! We were hot, hot, HOT!
So, we’re biking most places now. Riding my bike through some of the woodsier areas, I like this. I like to just ride around and think. Think about lots of stuff. Mostly memories, but there are times when I really enjoy it and think about how I'm also making memories right now. How I'll look back in fondness on what I was doing right then. That’s nice. I sing all the songs that I love that I can't listen to in my head while I bike around. I like it.
So yea, nice weather, almost too nice, fun bike rides, dripping sweat sometimes, broken bikes, new things, and always - a rollercoaster ride of emotions and thoughts. That part isn't my favorite. It is when I'm on a high, but the lows... man, the lows are not so sweet. It’s so strange how it is. How you can spend half the day just hating it, and then something will just kinda click or change and then everything is great and being a missionary is great again.
What else...Still learning a lot about myself and how to be better and what I want to be. I read some of my MTC notes this morning and looked at some "goals" we wrote down one day. Something like what do you want to be when you get done with your mission. Like how do you want to have changed or accomplished or something. I wrote down 3 things I think and I can already see those things happening. I didn't remember what they were, but it was encouraging to notice that the things I desired of myself back then (and certainly still do) are taking place within me. Cool.
That’s all I’ve got for now!!! But I love you so much and miss you so much and can't believe I'm doing this!!! I kinda thought about it the other day - what a turn around it’s been for me. And that I am a missionary. During the few times I've had to get really lost in thought since I left - when I come to and think, oh yea, I'm a missionary...it’s crazy sometimes. David Kunz is a missionary. Totally nuts. Happy to do it, but man it really is a sacrifice. That’s all I'll say.
Daaaaavid



