Monday, April 13, 2009

adsfgjhkl - Week Five

So...

My companion’s great. The better relationship I have with him, the better my days go and the more I enjoy myself. Its interesting, its like a perfect parallel. Love your companion, love your mission.

The past week we achieved none of the goals we set. I hope it doesn't affect transfers b/c we look bad on paper, but I've had a great week personally. We've just seen successes on other areas besides Key Indicators we report on. It’s hard for us to be setting goals that are ultimately based on other people's agency.

Yesterday was a wonderful Easter. And I ate A LOT of food. Lunch at the Romagli's house. We were getting ready to leave and I asked him if he had a guitar. He didn't seem like the type to play one, and he doesn't really, but he has one. YYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!! Glory to God! So played his guitar for a really long time and it was amazing. Playing a guitar brought some serious joy to my soul! I love it and I miss it sooo much.

Ha - We were looking for a less active member the other day, but couldn’t find their house for sure, so we we’re knocking on some of the houses around, hoping we'd run into it. We did not, but in the midst of it all we knocked on this one older lady’s house. We say hey to her and tell her we’re missionaries and all that...

"Oh no thanks, I've already got my own book." I hadn't mentioned anything about a book, she probably thought we were Bible people kinda thing.

"Oh yea? Great, what book is it?"

"The Book of Mormon."

"The Book of Mormon?! Sweet! Are you Mormon?"

“No, but my son is.”

“Aweseome, whats his name?”

“He lives in Jacksonville.”......

We’re going back in 2 weeks when she's done with some medical treatment, but it was totally a sweet find. It definitely wasn't the less active we were looking for, but maybe we just needed to look for the less active so we could find this lady with her Book of Mormon. She was excited to have us come back, said she’s calling her son to tell him about us and all. A cool little experience.

I'm starting to enjoy myself each day a little more. My feelings and desires aren't fluctuating as much day to day. Starting to enjoy the area a lot more too. So many things we’re asked to do out here make us better if we really take to them. I'm really excited for who this could help me to be one day. For the attributes I have the opportunity to acquire over the next two years. What a blessing it is. This is such an insane learning opportunity. For so many things. The gospel, people, yourself, etc.

Ah man, I miss ya all. Thanks so much to everyone for the amazing support and prayers and all. So much to say. The Church is true!

Love David