Glorious day mi amors. Wonderful week too. No single spectacular event, but lots of great little ones. A certain amount of consistency I guess. What a difference that can make. For some reason I've just been happier. Not so up and down. We stayed moderately busy too, which of course helps. We had 18 lessons, which I think is the most I've taught since we started keeping track. We're supposed to be teaching at least 20, ideally. That comes down from the church. 95%+ of our mission doesn't hit that, and most of us don't even come close. Just the nature of the work around here I suppose, because we work hard. Most of us. Anyway, that was nice.
Well, as far as neat things, lets see...
Yesterday was the New Haven Stake's Stake Conference, and we had a General Authority there! Fun fun! Elder Ralph Hardy, Jr. He's a good man I gather. I went and spoke to him for just a moment, he gave a great talk. The tag-line perhaps being FOLLOW EVERY PROMPTING. He's a good speaker. He feels good. I so admire these church leaders we have. You just know they're so spiritually solid, and I love people like that. It excited me just thinking about them and all they've been through. The way they have lived their lives. Extraordinary gentlemen. And women too of course. Anyway, the meeting was really great. Such a wonderful spirit in the gathering of good committed saints. It just feels good. It excites me! I feel very blessed that I get so much out of church every week. I feel bad for folks who let it slide. Some people say they get bored, or feel guilty, or like they don't fit in, or whatever, but man, church is what you make of it. It is completely within our power to make it as good or bad of an experience as we will. So it is with most things in life I suppose. Oh yea, and there's also the sacrament. I guess that's a little bit crucial too.
What else... we went over to this family's house this week for dinner. We almost didn't because it was the son's birthday and I guess it slipped their mind when she invited us, but we ended up going. Well, long story short, the Father has Shingles, which I guess is like adult chicken pox. I guess its pretty painful. He had us give him a blessing, and he asked me to seal it. We went into his study and I was really feeling some feeling of the spirit. It got real serious. Anyway, I gave him the best blessing I could. I think it went pretty well, a few things were definitely impressed upon my mind. He was really thankful and told me it was a great blessing. Well, I saw him Sunday at Stake conference, and he came up to me, shook my hand and gave me a hug while saying "Elder, that was a great blessing. I felt better right away. I was in serious pain, but it went away." Something like that. So basically this guy really experienced the blessings of the Priesthood. He has strong faith, you can tell by some of the things he says when you talk to him. Its interesting though, because I know he's not doing a few things he should be (I guess we're all in that boat though). But his faith is still there, and he was healed because of it. It was a really cool thing to be a part of. God's tender mercies. Sure made me feel good.
We got a great new investigator this week and it is such a blessing to have someone seemingly solid to teach, who wants to learn. She invited us back. It was ridiculous though, Elder Miller and I were thinking, we taught this lady the first lesson (Restoration), and that was the first time we've taught it in about 6 WEEKS! Gosh, that's insane. We have quite a few good contacts, but just can't seem to sit down and teach them! People have got the most inconsistent schedules around here it seems. Anyway, it was so nice to teach, be heard, and see desire in a person. I don't know why its such a rarity for us these days. Maybe I need to take a lesson on faith from the guy I gave the blessing to!
So I got a "free adjustment" from a Chiropractor this week! It was pretty cool, I asked him all kinds of questions. He straightened us right up. He's a member, and this other member works for him part time, and she's been talking to this other lady who works for him, who is not a member, and she wanted us to come by and meet her so this non-member lady could see that we're still real people, not crazy gospel robots or something. Ya know. So it was kind of a set up to get us to come in for something, and we got to talk to her a bit and be friendly and all. It went pretty much perfect. We're hopefully going to teach this girl this Friday at the members house. Imagine that.
Oh man, holy smokes, the wildest thing happened a few days ago. We were supposed to visit this member, but his address changed, but we didn't know that so we went to his old house and this kid opens the door. I was like, dang, I know this guy. We talked to him for a moment, realizing that Jeff clearly didn't live here anymore. Then I was like, Hey, your name's not Ben, is it? Yup. I met this kid my first semester of college up at Utah State. No joke. He's got a twin brother who I randomly saw a Milo in SLC a few years back too. Anyway, I hung out with these kids for a few weeks, and then never really saw him again. Until I'm a missionary and I knock on his door in Connecticut where he's going to Med-school at Quinnipiac. Totally nuts man. I could not even believe it. I try to pay close attention to the strange little "coincidences" that happen as a missionary, but I can't seem to figure this one out beyond totally random coincidence. He's a member actually, but totally inactive for years. Ha, its crazy to think though, I could be in Med-school right now. But this is better. I ain't too interested in medicine anyway, beyond nutrition at least. Anyway, super weird that I knocked on this kids door as a missionary.
The Carrasco's continue to amaze me. They have got to be the most solid couple that has joined the church in years. He gave the opening prayer in Stake Conference yesterday and Holy moly. Convert of 2 months man. Beautiful prayer. I didn't know people were capable of such things. I feel so blessed to be a part of their lives. humbled. Any missionary could have baptized them. But I got to do it. Lucky me I guess.
Well i think I've filled ya all in on most of the important details, if you want to call them that. This gospel is true. Its real. It amazes me. There are so many good tidings to be had from the Spirit of the Holy Ghost that accompanies so many things we do. I could go on for hours. There is so much knowledge to obtain and things to learn. I wish it wasn't so easy for us all to get caught up in the world and many distractions it provides. Because many of them sure seem fantastic.
Well, life is good at this moment, and I'm growing. The Fall I think definitely contributes to my positive moods, so that is sure a blessing. I like to think about the spiritual symbolism of the seasons. The times and the seasons. I love the gospel!!
Hope all is well family folks. Read, Pray, Church. That's a magic formula, I'm telling you.
Love Elder Kunz



