Thursday, September 9, 2010

Self-less

Oh, Hi folks. So p'day got changed to Wednesday now, it'll be like that for one more month and then we don't get p'days anymore. President is going to discontinue them because we slack off too much and loose sight of what we're supposed to be doing out here. So we'll have to stick to pen and ink from now on. But, that's cool, technology is overrated anyway.

Ha ha oh my gosh - I'm so funny right! No no no, there's just no where open on Labor Day and then yesterday was transfer meeting and we never had time throughout the day. So here I am. On that note, I'm not going anywhere, and neither is Elder Miller. 6 more weeks in Hamden baby. I'll take it.

Monday we went for a hike up Sleeping Giant. Maybe its just because we're from out west, but man, we got up there to the top, after an incredibly easy ascent, and the view was... mediocre at best! Connecticut is beautiful, but maybe not from up high. Who knows, I miss the mountains. But it was fun to get up in the woods. I miss that.

We had a mission fast to find people to teach on Sunday, so hopefully if we all get out and work hard, the Lord will bless us with people to teach. We were looking over our numbers for the past transfer and we only found ONE legitimate New Investigator, according to our criteria. Weak huh! Six weeks, one person. He's a solid guy though at least. Strangely we stay relatively busy because we are visiting a lot of the members preparing for this big missionary Sunday that is about a month away. The ward here is excellent. Anyway, I really hope we start finding some real investigators who we can teach! I haven't taught a 1st lesson in a while now! When I think about it like that I feel like I'm blowing it.

Its kinda been a struggle in the mission in many places lately. Finding. I feel like we're in this lull of a lack of desire and faith. We all need a little fire lit under our butts. I've been thinking SO much about what to do, but just keep coming back to the same things. We know all the things we should do. Its just each Elder's own personal conversion to the gospel, and what that testimony will bring them to do. Or something like that. I don't know.

What else, lots happened this week but I don't feel like I have much to say. I'm kinda tired at this particular moment and the room I'm in is outrageously hot and making me crazy. Couple more weeks and I should be able to stop worrying about the likelihood of hot weather.

I gave 2 baptism interviews this week. Its the first time I've done it. It was cool. A big responsibility I suppose, but a real good experience to have to gauge a person's testimony and council with the spirit if they are ready for baptism. I was happy for the opportunity.

Gosh, as I reflect, this has really been a nice week. Being on a mission is so wild, all the things that happen. My life is as consistent as it has ever been, yet its simultaneously the most crazy and sporadic. Ha - rollercoaster ride. I was feeling that a lot this week like I haven't for a while. I guess its the physical vs. the emotional/mental sides of life.

Well I think that's about all I will say this week. It is so hot in this room! The weather though, as of late, has been absolutely glorious and I love it! I am happy for summer to be through! Humidity is awful. I can't decide if heat/humidity or freezing cold and windy is more a motivation killer. Either way, we sure do appreciate the nice days. Opposition in all things, right! Gosh, God's plan is so beautiful and I have been very impressed with it lately as I have pondered on different aspects of it. I feel bad for people who reject so much goodness because of one or two things they can't seem to understand. Throw out the baby with the bathwater. Don't want to do that!

I sure do love you all! Hope the start of the school year is real nice for everyone.

If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. Sometimes its time for a change.

Love Elder Kunz