My people. Gosh I miss you all so much.
So is there still snow at home? Sounds like its cold. Getting pretty cold here as of late too, but not awful yet.
We were riding our bikes last night. It was pretty cold. We rode a little ways, couple miles on this street that wasn’t too crowded. I just got lost in thought. Singing some songs I used to love when I could actually listen to them. I miss music so much. Anyway, it was so nice! Just riding my bike along at night in the cool weather, cruising through the city, thinking about stuff. I love that. I love riding a bicycle.
Its funny riding a bike as a missionary. I just look like a goof. White shirt, helmet, pants tucked into my sock, tie flapping all over the place. It just makes me laugh at myself the whole time I ride.
I’ve been thinking a lot about the past and future lately. Probably I should be focusing on the present, but I do that too. Anyway, seems in the past week or so I’ve been having a lot of instances come to mind of how much of a jerk I was in all my years past. To so many people! It sucks! Sometimes I knew I was being a hypocrite, but man, I was a serious hypocrite soooo many times! I feel stupid. I guess all I can do at this point is learn from my mistakes and do better from now on, but I can’t even tell half the people I’m sorry at the moment. And all of you guys, all the things that keep coming to mind of how rude or ungrateful or hypocritical I often was to/with you, I can’t even remember them all to say sorry about because there are so many of them. So please forgive me for all the times I was up on my high horse being selfish and all that. I hope I’m a lot better when we meet again and always. Thanks for your patience with me over all these years. I feel like a fool some days when I think back on different things!
I’m still a total hypocrite. I’m trying to stop. Everything I ask people to do out here, I feel like I can always think back to a time when someone has asked me to do, nearly, the same thing. And I didn’t do it. So its hard for me to expect people here to do it, because its hard! Its hard to change! To hard have the faith that the Lord will make everything work out if you make sacrifices for him. I definitely didn’t have that kind of faith in the past, or I would have come on a mission years ago! I had some faith, I did some things, but I was never willing to make the big changes that people need to make out here. Its especially hard because I know how much better their lives could be! I look at myself – my life was absolutely fantastic. I was so blessed in soo many ways. I had no room to complain about anything. And now I feel like my life has become so much better! Embracing the gospel has brought me to a place I couldn’t even have understood. Its wonderful (and I have sooo much further to go still!). People could have so much more purpose and understanding, but they have to change. And that is hard!! Its difficult to see ya know. How do you motivate people to make sacrifices?
I just love you all! Sorry if sometimes my letters are boring for you. I just write some stuff. If I was just recounting the daily stuff, it would be more boring. Most of what happens is in my head. And I can’t remember it all because there is so much of it. I love thinking. I love reading the Book of Mormon. And I just started into Jesus the Christ. Slowly but surely. Its like 800 pages, so hopefully by the end of the mission I can get through it, but so far it’s a page turner! It is sweet! So much to learn on this earth. It overwhelms me.
I have been making some delicious meals full of vegetables. Some day when I have a little more money I am going to make such delicious food everyday! But I have to get rid of my horrid sweet tooth! And Halloween isn’t going to help!!
Love David



