Tuesday, October 6, 2009

and I will rejoice in my God!

My mind was completely blown away by more than just conference this weekend. I don’t even know where to begin. Some of it I’m not going to relate to you. But geeeeeze. Unbelievable. Oh how great the goodness of our God.

I really don’t even know what to say about anything right now, I get so overwhelmed by the magnitude of my feelings for life and the gospel and family and everything. I am so blessed. We are so blessed. There is a whole world out there who has no idea. No idea of their purpose in life, why we are here, etc. So much confusion. So much philosophy and corruption. It is such a sad thing. But they’ll all have their chance. Nephi saw our day and the saints would be few in number, their dominion would be small, but we will be upon all the face of the earth.

5 more temples!! The work moves forward! I can’t help but think from many of the messages I heard this weekend that great things are on the horizon. Stand strong. Choose the right.

Well, I’m still eating breakfast, and its still delicious. I also eat lunch and dinner. I love to eat. I walk around all day trying to find people who the Lord has prepared to receive something that will completely change their lives if they are wise enough to accept it. That’s all I got for mundane daily stuff. Its really, really hard but it’s the best.

Oh, I had another service analogy come to mind while doing service again the other day. We were moving a bunch of stuff for the old guy Brother Buck in the ward. His home has been in his family since the early 1700s. It’s a piece of history and he intends to keep it that way. And he has this crazy second wife who is even more adamant about it. So we can’t throw away much of anything, even if it’s a 100 year old piece of wood that is broken to pieces. That’s a little exaggeration, but you get the idea. Anyway, we had to move all these old barn doors. Like 10 of them or so. The first few were pretty light, not too hard to carry around. But the next 3-4 were EXTREMELY HEAVY AND AWKWARD!! Real tough to get them out of where they were and into where we were moving them. Made my arms real sore. Well we finished moving those and when we finished the rest, which were medium sized doors, it was like nothing. It was easy. Had we lifted the medium ones after the first lighter ones, they would have seemed heavier. But after the huge heavy ones, it was cake. So – opposition in all things. We love the good times, we need the bad times. Without the heavy doors, we don’t know that the light doors are light. We can’t enjoy the easiness of carrying light doors if we haven’t carried big heavy difficult awkward ones. The light doors just seem like doors. There’s nothing to it. I know we’ve all experienced this kinda thing, but I thought it was cool that I came across another little gospel analogy while doing service. President Uchdorf said something along the lines of hard lessons learned are for a future opportunity. Trust in the Lord. Our trials are for a purpose. Sometimes hard to remember that in the moment though, huh.

How about Jeffery R. Hollands talk?! Beautiful. I love when people are bold and call people out. Even when I’m getting called out. The Book of Mormon is TRUE! And Holland only hit on a few of many of the extremely logical and reasonable evidences of its divine authenticity. There’s like 99 more at least. I love it! Of course the spirit is the only thing that will truly convert a person, but all the logic and reason helps strengthen testimonies. I wish all the silly people who think Joseph Smith and his buddies or whoever else, sat down and wrote the Book of Mormon, would sit down and think about all these things for a moment. The Book of Mormon is absolutely amazing in a million different ways. I love it.

I thought it was interesting the theme of LOVE that seemed to be very present throughout conference. We need not just talk about being more Christlike, but actually start BEING MORE CHRISTLIKE! The church is true! HA!

I could go on forever. I love all you all. Thanks for all the little updates on everyones lives, I love it! You are all such amazing fantastic wonderful people that I am so thankful to have as family. We are so lucky! Our family is incredible! Blows my mind.

I’m not getting transferred, I’m not going anywhere, probably not for a while. Life is hard, but life is good. Love.

David