SO. Big week. Kinda. Mostly. Well my dear Elder Tanner is going home. Tomorrow. It is completly nuts. Its been wild serving with someone their last transfer. Its kinda brought it more to reality that yes - this will actually come to an end one day. Man. He went to the Temple Thursday, and goes to the mission home tomorrow. Totally insane. I can't even believe it. This past transfer has been unreal. Seriously. We have had way too much fun together. I love this boy so much and we are friends forever. That makes me happy because while I've loved all my companions, I love Elder Tanner. And we are gonna be buds. Idaho sbuds. Ha, I'm so funny. But again - this transfer - 3 baptisms, all the most prepared and wonderful souls I've ever been exposed to. Its all been so beautiful. Its been perfect. I am so humbled and grateful to think that the Lord has trusted me to be here. I have no idea why, but us two have been blessed beyond measure. I just want to quote the whole song of "I Stand All Amazed." That's how I feel. One day we sang that song to Talitha in a lesson and then we ended up singing it at church on Sunday. Some people call that coincidence. I have a different word (words).
So - My new companion is going to be Elder Miller. Its going to be way different. Its cool though because I came out with Elder Miller! We were in the MTC together. So this is the second time that's happened! He's a good kid. Quiet and simple, so it'll be a change, but I'm glad because I know that he and I will get to work and work hard together. He's planning to go on to be a Navy Seal, so he's like the most disciplined kid I've ever met. Hopefully some of that will wear off on me. Ha, hopefully a LOT! But actually I haven't talked too much with him in over a year, so I assume that's still his game. It'll be fun. We have like no one to teach now after all these baptisms, so we'll be doing a lot of finding (hopefully we can be creative so that won't entail tracting only). So yea, new comp, new transfer, new stuff.
TALITHA TRAMUTA GOT BAPTIZED IN WHAT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN THE BAPTISM OF THE CENTURY. From what I heard and felt, it was completely beyond words. What an inexpressable blessing it has been for me and for both of us to be the missionaries who taught this woman the gospel. To be instruments in the Lords hands in doing so. I feel like we did nothing. We just taught. We were along to observe the most beautiful conversion ever. She was so ready to change her life. And she has become so happy as she's done so. Let me just say that if the gospel is not true, then Joseph Smith somehow put together the perfect combination of principles to live your life by, that make everyone who really embraces them happy. What a genius. I mean, wait, the gospel's true so I guess it was God. That makes a little more sense.
Geeze, how amazing its all been. 6 weeks. Ten thousand seventy nine miracles. Its incredible. I love it. Its so hard. But I love it.
Our last night teaching Talitha was at this sweet members house, and the husband said this great thing that I loved. It was super simple, but I loved it and have thinking about it and trying to apply it. We had a little testimony meeting, which was great, and he was talking about the gospel and said "sometimes is seems hard, but when you do it its easy." Ha. Truth restored. There are so many wonderful members in this ward. Its fantastic. Such a blessing. Talitha is so wonderful. The gospel is so wonderul. The fruits of the Spirit are so wonderful. The Holy Ghost. My goodness.
I went on an exchange up in Avon this week. It was awesome. I was with this kid Elder Furness, who is awesome, and this new Elder, Elder Staley. This new kid is rock solid. He feels like he's been out a year. I love seeing kids like that. Its very inspiring and very impressive to me to see the kids who come out at 19, and come out with great testimonies and a solid gospel foundation. I wish I could have been more like that, and embraced the gospel so much more in my youth. Knocked the chip I had on my shoulder off. But this is my path that I'm on, and I sure ain't complaining. I often feel like my soul has been redeemed from hell because of all the crazy blessings I've been receiving as a missionary. Just to think of the path I'd of been on otherwise. And not that it was a bad path at all, it probably would have been fine. But man - I didn't know. Now I know, and living life with a testimony of the truth is just beyond words. I could go through all the exact same things, but I know that I will love my life so much more because of what I have now that I didn't have before. Wild to think about.
Yesterday, I watched Nicolas and Alexandra walk into church, and it just made me so happy. So touched my heart. I can't explain it. They're converts! They're coming to church! All by themselves! (They never needed help in the first place though). They're going to get callings, they're really doing it! They are members of Christs Church and they love it. I love that! Alexandra is in 3 Nephi. They first met the missionaries 7 weeks ago. So awesome. Again - feel like I didn't do anything. Just spilled a bunch of knowledge about prophets, Joseph Smith, Plan of Salvation, faith, repentance...and then they got baptized. Crazy man. They are so amazing.
Well, today is the most incredibly feeling day I have felt in ages. Its not humid! Its just normal! The past two days have been insanity! We tracted a little bit Saturday evening at 8 o'clock and we were sweating! Been a wild summer. No more summers for me after this one though! Just one more freezing winter. Shyea.
Well, I am the slightest bit nervous for what lies ahead, but I'm trying to stay optimistic. We'll have a pretty fresh start with the area. I don't know it completely yet, so we'll be figuring it out together. It should be great. Lots of potential here. I am really happy to be in this area, there's definitely people to be found. Its been a struggle to feel like I'm being diligent lately because we've been spending less time out proselyting, and more time preparing stuff and coordinating it feels like. So, even though the work part is hard, I think it will make me feel better to be out more, now that our teaching pool has turned into more of a cup of water.
Well, I think that's all I's got. Hope everyone is enjoying life. Was there a big old fire over by Idaho Falls recently? Love you all!!!!!!
Elder Kunz



