Spring is great, I love Spring, we were running this morning and it just felt real nice. I want to ride my bicycle around. I was thinking about riding up on the bike path up to Ketchum, going by Boxcar Bend and all, down by river run in West Ketchum, the old stomping grounds. Home is just a special place. Summer in SVID! I miss it. Ha, I had this moment last week where I just wanted long curly hair and a mustache sooo bad. Just for one day, as a missionary, with the suit and everything...with hair and a stache. Man that would be sweet.
Well I haven't said much for the people who read the blog thing, so maybe just tell em - Everything's cool . . . Hakuna Matata. Or something. Ha ha.
Oh I know, this less active girl had a friend die this week (sad) so she was all upset about it and angry and wondering why God would let it happen and why bad things happen to good people and all that kinda stuff. So I've been studying it the past few days, learning a lot about opposition. Its amazing, God's plan. The more I learn, the more sense it makes. I think Joseph Smith or somebody said, its impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance. Something like that I think. Its basic, but we have to know the bad to understand the good. Otherwise good wouldn't be good. It would just be. There would be no purpose to our creation, and that would kinda defeat the purpose of God. God would cease to be God, as the scriptures say. I could go on for a while with the insights I've learned. I will say that Spencer W. Kimball lays it out pretty well. That guy is great. Prophets are amazing. Joseph Smith...man, that guy was an absolute genius. Well, he'd of had to have been if he wasn't a prophet of God. Some of the things he writes...incredible. Mind blowing, as I say. I've noticed he has a very distinct writing style. Or speaking style. I would love to have heard him speak. I feel like I can just hear him through his words when I read them. I've heard people say about the Book of Mormon that they can decipher several different writing styles. Like - Nephi is easy to recognize, Moroni too, Alma, they all have a recognizable tone and voice. Very distinct at times. It strengthens my testimony to know that the book was clearly written by different people. Joseph Smith wrote many things, and that voice does not appear in the Book of Mormon. Well, boldness - I love boldness. Prophets boldly calling people to repentence. Joseph Smith was often very bold. So they do have that in common. I've been studying in Alma, the whole ordeal with Zeezrom and that city. Alma and Amulek are so bold! So straight. I love it. They did not go there to make friends. Just to call the people to repentence. And they definitely don't make friends. But they do what they were supposed to. They kept the commandments, even though it was NOT easy - especially for these two guys. Alma 14, my gosh. Sad sad story.
Anyway, yes, I learned a lot this past few days about why we do face hardships in life and how we can not let them bother us too much if we can be in the right frame of mind and understanding. We can't blame God for things. He's got it figured out. Hopefully I actually apply all this when I'm down in the dumps again! It really just amazes me how well all this fits. Especially for how little we know. I don't know how anyone could ever have possibly come up with all the doctrines of the church. And for them to endure over time. Obviously they didn't endure over time without prophets and authority. But today, they stand strong and perfect. It really does amaze me. I love it!
Love you all!
David



