Monday, April 26, 2010

(no subject)

Ha ha alright well I kinda just spent all my time writing an essay to Ralph about tax evasion by the lower-class peasants of 12th century Macedonia. You wouldn't believe what these people were pulling off. Ha!

So basically I mean to say that although I would normally have much to say today as it has a been a better week and I feel happy today, that I will not be pouring out my heart and soul to you in such great length as might typically have done.

I will say that love has been on my mind lately and is very important to me. Not that kind of love, I'm a missionary! But love for people. I want to exemplify love. I want to have a genuine love for everyone I see because they are all children of God. I don't want to judge them because of how they look or even what they do. I want to be able to look beyond that and see everyone for their great potential. But this is really hard! Perhaps it will be more of a lifelong pursuit. But I would sure love to come back from the mission with this attribute. I don't feel like I'm consistent enough though. I'm to up and down in my moods and emotions to be this way I feel like. Maybe I just still have a lot to learn about it still. Yea, probably a lifelong quest. But I want it!

Dad that quote from Ghandi is sweet! And those jumps are pretty macho looking. Its crazy to think about that snowboarding stuff. I really didn't even get that excited seeing those things. I do miss snowboarding big time, but not that kind of snowboarding.

To the rest, love from the east. We have a sweet new investigator named Tom who is great and came to church yesterday and said he felt a great spirit of love from the moment he walked in the door. YES! Its sweet. He's got a lot of Native American blood in him and he said when he read the introduction to the Book of Mormon and it says how those people are the principle ancestors of the American Indians, he immediately felt a special connection. Sweet huh!

I got another sweet letter from Natasha! She seems to be doing great and I'm so happy to hear that. She went to the Boston Temple! She didnt get to go in and do baptisms, but she walked around the outside and went in the lobby and all. She described it very well, saying she felt this great peace and all that. She said all her worry and guilt and all that was gone. She said she felt empty in the fullest way. Cool huh. She also commented on the cleanliness of the grounds. "Like, I would eat soup off the cement sidewalk of the Temple." She is so dang hilarious, I love her.

Uuuhhh...Yea that probably about it, our fam is great I love you all, can't wait to sit down at our table and eat broccoli soup again in ten months. Dang. Happy birthday to me in 2 weeks! And LK in 5!

David