Monday, June 22, 2009

lalala

This week was rough. A few highs but rough. Seems like everyone cancelled. Investigators, appointments, members who were supposed to come with us...cancelled!! No fun.

One great experience I had though, Elder Seamons our District leader came on exchanges. He usually goes with the senior companion, but he came with me this time so it was a great experience for me. He's an amazing example of a missionary. We went and taught this lady Susan. Susan is sweet, I like her. She’s 60 or so, real chatty, strong personality. We've been teaching her for a little while...actually I'm not going to go into all the details. The point is that I testified to her pretty boldy at the end of our appointment. She was ready to hear all the stuff I said though, and she knows it, so I don't think it was too bold. I told her a lot of different things. We’re working on getting her to church. I told her that Christ’s Authority is on the earth. It is found only in Christ's church. His restored church. Unfortunately that authority is not found in the Catholic church. I told her that there is a prophet on the earth. A prophet! Someone who communicates with God and is His mouthpiece on the earth. I told her that she needed to be baptized. This is something we've talked about before. I told her I want her to do it at her own pace, in a way she is comfortable doing it, but that she does need to do it. She has a son out in Washington who is a member, so she's familiar a little bit. It makes sense with the details, but I basically told her a bunch of things she really needs to DO.

Anyway, while doing this I could just feel the spirit inside me. I could feel it so strong as I spoke these different things. Truth. Susan really does need to be baptized. She really does need to get work off and start coming to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She WILL be blessed for doing these things. Those are blessings we promised her and they will be granted if she shows her faith. I know they will.

I feel that spirit at times when I testify to people with real sincerity. When I know what I am telling them is real and right and good and true. That this gospel is something they need so badly. To feel that power inside of you is amazing and I only feel it when teaching and testifying of the restored gospel. Truth. Real Truth. The only real source of truth we have is from God. When we speak His word, we can speak with the tongue of angels (I think in 2 Nephi it says that) and that means by the power of the Holy Ghost. When we speak the words of Christ, we can speak by the power of the Holy Ghost. It is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

Okay, my point of all this is that to me it is a great witness of the truth of this message. To testify boldy of the restored gospel, of real truth, brings a feeling I never feel when doing other things. Not when I've had to give presentations in classes or told people what is good to order at Biaggis. Professors don't feel it when they teach about gravity or history or physics or whatever it is. One feels a witness of truth when they speak real truth. Truth from God. We can feel it inside us! What a gift. There are many great things in the world, but none so great as this gospel in its fulness. Life can be hard (and missions can be extremely hard!) but the gospel WILL help us endure all things the Lord will put upon us. That's nice huh.

Well everyone, I have more to write (see 3 John 1:13 or 12 or something around there) but don't always have the time. Sorry I haven't got any letters out to you. Maybe someday. I miss you all so much. Summer in SV is such an awesome thing! Alright gotta run. Love love love. Gosh I wish I had more time to write you all!!!!!!!!!

David