Well its basically been another fine week. Getting more and more acquainted with Avon. Its definitely got a different feel than Hamden. Hamden was just so easy. It was happy. Its happy here too, I just gotta get a little more comfortable. Of course.
There's a ton of great stuff going on in our area right now. Well, more like lots of really good potential. A couple excellent families who are in a really good place. The trouble is going to be coordinating and actually getting in their homes, and teaching them in a tactful way. Teach them what they need, not just lesson 1,2,3, ya know. There's definitely a more effective way to approach different people, but its tough to figure out how exactly to do it. People respond to different things. Anyway, we'll hope to see some good things happen in the weeks to come. We're gonna be pretty busy with some other stuff the next two weeks, so hopefully we can make time for all these people as needed.
We taught this older lady this week. She must be 90 years old. But she sure is sharp. We talked about some gospel stuff as she told us some of her experiences in life. I felt like I was in that movie Big Fish. It was great. I loved it. It totally was this interesting feeling I can hardly describe. She may be old, but she is surprisingly not set in her ways. She was extremely interested to read the Book of Mormon. Neat. We'll see how things go. Old folks usually aren't much to work with because they think they're too old to change or do anything. But this woman has a bit of potential.
What else...Elder Rogers and I have had 2 excellent conversations this week. About different things, but its definitely strengthened our relationship and friendship. Being willing to talk about some of the touchier stuff can really do something. Opening up to people seems to help us to bond or something. One chat we got all into our relationship as companions. Ha, that kinda sounds funny. Anyway, we talked about how we are working together so far, each others strengths and weaknesses, challenges, etc. It seems kinda hoaky, but it was really really good. Strangely. I've had talks similar to this with other companions, and afterwards, without fail, you always feel like best friends. You just absolutely love each other. Its interesting. Elder Rogers is a good kid. Really really good. He amazes me. I feel extremely blessed to be his companion. Its so interesting what our personalities will cause us to do. He's had a lot of success on his mission, both outward and inwardly. He's a very positive person, one of those you think never is sad or down or depressed or anything like it. And in my experience he hardly is. I don't know how people do it. But it sure is nice to be around someone like that. Most of the time. Sometimes I wonder if he's "acting" a little, but I'm pretty sure he's not! Anyway, he's a good man and I'm lucky to be working with him. We're really enjoying each other.
So don't know if ya all have gotten this thing on facebook about Nov. 6, but its this thing where you write your testimony as your status on Nov. 6. I guess thousands and thousands of people are going to do it and its just been spreading like crazy! It sounds so awesome. What an incredible use of the internet! There's going to be thousands of testimonies that probably millions of people will read on Saturday. Ya all should join in, those of you who believe in Jesus the Christ. I think just these two women started it and look what it turned into! Its kinda like that thing you were telling me about Mom with the stickynotes. But bigger! Members should catch the vision of how all this social media can be used to preach the gospel and get on it! It all sounds great! Just thought I'd throw it out there if you haven't heard. I don't know how to find it, maybe search facebook for it if you're interested.
Well, I really like being a missionary. I always say that, I know. I'm super tired and I hate that so much, but really this is the life. I'm gonna be so sad when the most important thing in life can no longer be taking up the most time. But it can still be top priority.
Elder Kunz



