Well first off I just wanted to throw out there that my internet privileges have been expanded and I am now using the internet to proselyte. I won't get into the details, but I have a blog I made that ya all can feel free to have a look at, and especially refer any investigators you might happen to know, or non-members in general, if you think it would be any help at all. For people reading the Book of Mormon that is. Its:
thebookisblue.blogspot.com/ (See link at right)
I'm just doing an insight from each chapter of the Book of Mormon, starting at the beginning. Who knows how far I'll get. Our mission is doing a pilot test of this kind of thing and a few of us Elders here are trying it out. Internet proselyting. The times they are a changin.
SO - besides that I have DEVASTATING NEWS!!!! I'm getting transferred! NOOOOO!! Makes me awful sad, its about the last thing I want to do right now. I like serving with Elder Miller, but I especially LOVE this area!! It is absolutely wonderful and I love all the people we work with. I have seen many miracles here and it almost makes me want to cry to say goodbye. Or, till we meet again. Really it kills me. LEAVE ME HERE! But the Lord has called me another way. He has called me to the area of Avon, Connecticut, where I will likely finish my mission. I can't believe I'm even saying that. That kills me even more than leaving Hamden. Anyway, Avon. I'll be back in the Hartford Stake, which is great because I loved being up there last year, but I've really come love being down here in the New Haven Stake,especially being able to work with more of the Stake Leaders and such. The Church is really cool.
Anyway, My new companion is named Elder Rogers, and he's pretty much super-missionary. I'm kinda intimidated, but I'm sure it'll be great. Lots to learn no doubt. I'll get to work a little closer with President Pehrson too, so I'm real excited for that because he is just great and I really respect him and love to hear pretty much everything he has to say. So I'm blessed!
Nevertheless, I still don't want to leave Hamden!! Gosh this place is great. The members in this ward just knock my socks off. They're the best! I've seen so many good examples of different things and learned so much about so many things. There are a lot of "salt of the earth" kind of people here, and people like that just make me so happy. They excite me about life.
Well as far as this week, its been another good one. I feel like I've been nothing but happy lately. Of course with exception, but the exceptions are far less often it seems. What a blessing. I don't know exactly what to attribute it to, but I can think of several things. For the past two weeks or so, I've been studying about Love when I have the time. Just kinda going through the topical guide and reading the listed scriptures (there's like a thousand on love I don't know if I"ll ever finish). I think about them, read other things on the subject, etc. My aim was to hopefully help me love people more. I think its been working pretty dang good, but I think its also kinda running over into me really loving life too! Who knows, but that's my feeling. omething like love/charity, its one of those things it seems all you can do is pray for it. And try. Whatever it is, I've just been happy lately, and I love it. I love the Lord. And I love the Gospel. And I love being a missionary and I'm finding myself more and more not wanting to come home. Sorry guys. Ha.
When President called me and told me I was getting transferred, I told him on one condition - that I can extend my mission a transfer. Ha it was in jest, but he still shot me down. Bummer. I'm sure by the end I'll be about ready to go back though. I don't know what the heck happened to this mission I'm serving. I was pretty sure I was gonna be out here for time and all eternity. At this point its like, I might as well be. I've made it this long. I kinda know a little bit of what I'm doing. Just leave me here right?! Ha. This has gotta be some of the most typical stuff for a missionary in my position to be saying, but I guess that's just how it is. But there are plenty of Elders out here who just look forward to the end for two years and I think they miss out on a LOT of the joy to be had by doing so. It is what you make it so we ought to make it good. Same surely goes for most things.
THE LEAVES!! The leaves are finally turning incredible colors and I LOVE IT!!!! My gosh you don't even know how much I love it. How much I love color. It gives me so much satisfaction to see all this variety and color and spice in nature. Not man made or created. God's green earth. But red and yellow and orange too. And so much more. My gosh its beautiful. Visually the color right now fills the void of the mountains for me. Now don't get the wrong idea, all I said was visually. I don't know if I could permanently forego the mountains, all things included. But seeing the color as we drive around really is something special. It makes me so happy. That's probably another large contributor to my elevated mood as of late. The Fall season. It fills me with joy. It feels so good for some reason. There is something about the feeling during fall that makes my soul just swell.
Well, having to say goodbye to some of the folks around here is no fun, but I've come to stress about it less and less. Its just the life of a missionary, and I know we'll meet again one day. But its still sad. I think I've been able to do some good for a few folks here, and that sure feels nice inside. I'm not here to leave my mark on anything or anybody, but it is a nice feeling when a few people remember you for something. There's this couple we've been working with for just a few weeks, a part-member family, and I'm gonna really be sad to not be teaching them anymore. I really loved thinking about them and their situation and what they needed. Its a very atypical situation for missionaries, so it was fun and challenging to try and figure out what we needed to teach them and all that. They will be missed. And many others.
I've been reading a bit on the Temple this week too, in the new Ensign mostly, and boy, the Temple is where its ALL at! My goodness it just made me feel so good to read about it all. Symbolism. I really felt as I read that everything is in the Temple. All the answers. Everything we do there has so much meaning. So much more than appears on the surface. That's good for me because I like to think, and I'm pretty sure I could spend the rest of my life pondering on what we do in the Temple. And I plan to! I always think about when we get to the end and we know all the things we don't know now, and we look back and realize man, it was all there! It was in the scriptures, it was in the Temple, it was all around us! And the Lord gives us the Spirit as a little foretaste of it all when we really seek Him.
Well I am nothing but grateful for the 4 months I've been able to spend here in the Woodbridge Ward, and only hope I've done something good for the Lord, despite all my weaknesses. What a blessing its been. As people we have so much opportunity to bring joy into the lives of those around us. We can't discount the potential we have to impact people. People people people! They're so important. And so many here have had a wonderful impact on me.
I've got plenty more to say but I forget it all. So, Love you so much, thanks for all the support, and talk to you next week! Can you believe how fast time is going?!
Elder Kunz



