Monday, December 14, 2009

Baptized!

Well hello hello everyone! We got some snow up around here and it was awesome to see snow! Looked real nice in the morning that it fell. Now its not so nice cause its all cold and hard and its rained on it and its starting to melt away, but I ain’t seen snow since february!

So anyway, this past week has been AWESOME! Seriously. The big news is that we baptized Natasha. Boom! Got a notch on my belt and if feels good! Ha! I am completely kidding 110%. I don’t give a lick about notches on belts or numbers or none of that, but to see what Natasha has done and been through and experienced and on and on and on is not describable. I was trying to write it in my journal the other day and I just could not get it out. It is amazing. Like, the way it feels is what the word amazing really means. Sensational. Or something like that. Natasha still has a ways to go, but she was ready to be baptized for sure and it was a wonderful service and everything came together and I was so happy. It was an answer to so many prayers that it all worked out. Lots of work, but obviously worth every effort and more. I love that girl! I’m so thankful to have been a great part of her conversion. I feel like it’s a blessing to be able to baptized someone good. I see some recent converts who aren’t coming to church two weeks after and who are kinda loony or just don’t get it, ya know? And its great that they were still able to be baptized and receive those blessings, but I am very thankful to have been able to work with someone who does get it, and is seemingly quite committed to it.

A few days before the baptism we had Zone Conference. This one was special. The whole mission got together and we had a little Christmas thing too. It was so awesome. President Pehrson gave a talk, and every time I’ve looked back over my notes, I feel like I’m holding gold. It was incredible. It was perfect. The council was all for us as missionaries, but of course so much of it applies to life in general and living the gospel. But geeze, it is such a blessing to be here in Connecticut under his leadership. He’s accomplished a lot in his life and he expects the best out of us. He’s always given his best, and in his line of work, he’s always expected nothing but people’s best. I wish I could tell you all the details and such, but I’m not gonna. I’ll just say it was priceless council for missionaries. He’s truly been called by God to do this work.

Last Monday everything kinda fell apart and everyone was upset because nobody was getting to do what they wanted. It didn’t bother me too much because I typically don’t do what I want on pdays. But in the midst of things falling apart for everyone else, I made it into Whole Foods and got some gelato. It looked delectable enough that I just had them scoop me a pint. It was $5. Pretty well worth it I think. I got coconut and…pear! Oh my gosh pear! I love pears! And Pear gelato! I never saw that in Europe to my recollection. And the combination was mind blowing! I love ice cream so much.

Alright well I think that’s all I’m going to write this week. Life is good! This missionary business just blows my mind. I can’t even believe it. The gospel is so insane! So perfect, so all encompassing, so wonderful, so so so many thing! It has really changed my life and I love it! I’m starting to feel like when I have to go home I am going to cry! But I’m also really looking forward to being a missionary back at home. But being a missionary missionary is a once in a lifetime opportunity that has been the most amazing blessing in the world. I’m not sure that all the blessings I have ever received in my life prior to this all compounded into one would even come close to what serving a mission has been. Its just not explainable. It is so hard, but of course, well worth it. Ha, that just made me think in that sweet movie the Mighty Ducks when those tough guys get put in the penalty box they’re all like “2 minutes, well worth it.” Ha ha – 2 years, well worth it. Ah man that is so silly. I guess I’m really a Mormon now.

Life is good everyone. I have so many wonderful memories of each one of you. Special individual things that make me miss each one of you so much in such a special way.

Love from the Ice Coast!

David